Tuesday, July 13, 2010

I really should be studying right now, but I'm lacking motivation. Lately that's been my issue: motivation. Summer and home combined in one makes me want to chill, even if the weather won't permit it. Everything that I've done this summer has been for school. Of course, I know there are many who are worse off than I am, i.e. those who have to go to school and work afterwards, but in my opinion that's better than my life. At least work is something that benefits their current life. They're making bank to spend later on. I feel so restricted by not having a job, not having a car, and not having the freedom I want so badly. My mom and dad constantly talk to me about coming home for school saying I can have a car and drive and they'll pay for the insurance, but they don't get it. It's the freedom and the experience that money can't buy. The independence I gain from this, and the work and pressure to fulfill my own needs are what I'm trying to accomplish down south. I could easily come to DVC and get a 4.0, but I wouldn't be happy with it. Nor would I have gained the knowledge that I have now because everything in JC lacks inspiration for me. The information is spoon fed to the students and as long as you're open to learning during class, the classes are ridiculously easy. Summer and classes like these have made me lose all my inspiration and motivation to succeed. It's disappointing to know my parents are only considering the financial aspect of my education. I know it's their job to worry, but they're missing the bigger picture. Hopefully I can still do this, right now I'm doubting my future big time.

No comments:

Post a Comment