Saturday, August 21, 2010

Home has given me the opportunity to clear my head. I've had the opportunity to really think about what I want out of my life and what I value in a relationship. In terms of boys I really just want someone who can keep a conversation going, can balance my awkwardness either with more awkward behavior or suaveness, and chill attitude about life. Oh and he absolutely can NOT be clingy.

I've grown up with my family always worrying about whether I was dating or not when I lived at home. When graduation was nearing, my parents told me I can't date in college (craziessss). But now... things have changed a great deal.
My family is now actually pushing for me to date, and it's at a point in my life where I'm ok with being single. In high school I was a boy-crazed girl, but now after a year in college and meeting new people, eh. Dating's fun, but at the moment things are so good for me in the academics department that I feel like if I add a boy into the mix now things are all going crumble. Unless I can find a guy that studies as much as I do and is not clingy, a boyfriend is not my near future.
Funniest part of all this is my younger cousin, Fiona, telling me she wants me to bring a boyfriend home so that everyone in our family will get off her case and start talking about my relationship. On top of that, she doesn't like being the only girl in the family with a boyfriend. Lol. Even though my brother's still technically "dating" his girlfriend, we all know they're going to end up getting married, so they've already secretly been kicked out of the bf/gf list. :P
I don't know. Even though I have encouragement now, I don't want to ruin a good thing. This was just all a very weird topic for my family to discuss with me because I've grown up with my parents yelling at me for going out with boys and telling me I can't date until I'm in my thirties! Are they trying to pull some reverse psychology business on me? If so, it's working. Haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment