Friday, August 20, 2010

Changes

Slowly but surely, this summer has morphed me. Most recently these are the things that have happened:
  • Broke off a few bad friendships. Basically those friendships were more toxic than friendly and I'm not one to deal with fixing something that is beyond me.
  • Got contacts! :)
  • Cut my hair (but the cut looks the same, so I'm thinking shorter possibly sometime before school?)
  • Got new glasses & new sunglasses
Those are just the physical changes that I've gone through. Most of all, this summer has taught me responsibility and patience. My family is definitely uptight and rash to say the least. This summer, I found myself sitting there in the middle of an escalating argument and blurting out: "Calm down! You're being stupid." or "Take a deep breath, don't give yourself a heart attack." My mom tells me SoCal has made me a very relaxed person, but when I first came home, I really did not know what she was talking about. Now that it's nearing the end of summer, I see it. Definitely an interesting and very positive change in me, I approve! :)

On a side note: one of my cousins left for college on Wednesday and it made me realize, my family's old now. I have about 20 first cousins? Over half of them are in college atm, how crazy is that? I remember when we all used to gather together at family functions and divide into two groups, girls vs boys! We used to fight and throw things at each other, chase each other up and down the stairs, hide out and form secret clubs. Crazy, we're all moving on with our lives and the marriages are going to start soon (hopefully, the oldest in the family are boys... who haven't brought any gfs around the family... I wonder... Lol)

Eugh, I got distracted and I don't want to blog anymore. I'll just end this with, I feel like a responsible adult now! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment